3 Healthy Recipes to Kickstart Your Wedding Nutrition Plan
Congratulations! You just got engaged and are so excited to start the wedding planning process. You are about to enter a busy season of planning, scheduling and prepping… but may be dreading the wellness journey you’ve planned for yourself as well. Don’t fret – Julia Van Health has you covered with healthy recipes and nutrition plans to help you prepare for your big day!
The process of preparing for your wedding day looks different for everyone, but Julia Van Health wants to help you establish a routine that you can implement in the months leading up to your wedding and beyond. Cultivating a healthy relationship with exercise and wellness in a busy season is so important for your body and mind, too! “My mission is to give brides the tools and support to create realistic and sustainable habits they can implement right now. Not only look and feel absolutely incredible on their wedding day, but also maintain it for the rest of their lives!”
The goal of working with a nutrition coach is to look and feel like your truest, most confident, and beautiful self so that you will feel your absolute best! Traditional dieting and over-exercising is out of the picture and might not give you the results you desire. Julia Van Health can help you achieve your goals in a holistic approach that will leave you feeling confident long after the honeymoon is over!
Working with a nutrition coach can not only help you look your best, but feel your best too! It is so important to take care of yourself during your engagement season, and achieving results that are sustainable and don’t involve harsh diets or restriction is most important.
Keep reading for a few healthy recipes that will aid you in your health journey but still taste great, and are easy to make, too!
Blueberry Chia Seed Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 handful of pecans
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 serving of vanilla collagen powder (optional)
- In a small container, thoroughly mix together chia seeds, coconut milk, maple syrup, and collagen.
- Store in the fridge for at least 1 hour (I recommend letting sit overnight), or until chia seeds expand.
- When ready to eat, give the mixture one more stir and notice a pudding-like consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with pecans, blueberries, almond butter, and cinnamon.
- Stir it all together and enjoy!
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 pack ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Shredded mozzarella cheese for topping
- 4 tbsp avocado oil (Chosen Foods brand recommended)
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- Sauce of choice (marinara, BBQ, and buffalo sauce are all great!)
- Preheat the oven to 420 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half (long ways) and scoop out the seeds. Brush avocado oil inside & season with garlic salt.
- Place spaghetti squash halves face down on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) and cook in the oven for 30-40 min.
- While spaghetti squash cooks, warm a skillet with avocado oil. Add minced garlic, then add turkey. Break the meat into smaller pieces with a spatula.
- Dice vegetables into small cubes and add to the skillet. Saute until cooked.
- Stir in pine nuts and bread crumbs.
- Once spaghetti squash is soft, remove from the oven. Add filling in the area where the seeds were, top with cheese (if desired) and broil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven. Let cool for 5-10 min. Top with sauce of choice and enjoy!
Healthier Reese’s Cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips (I recommend Lily’s or Enjoy Life brands)
- 2 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp of flaxseed meal/ground flaxseed
- Cupcake liners
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave in multiple 10 second increments and stir (to prevent from burning).
- Once fully melted, take a spoonful of chocolate and pour a light layer on the bottom of cupcake liners.
- Place in the freezer for 8-12 minutes to harden.
- Combine the almond butter and flaxseed meal and stir until completely mixed.
- After the chocolate has hardened, add a small scoop of almond butter/flaxseed mixture to each cupcake liner.
- Top each cupcake liner with remaining chocolate, and place back in the freezer to harden for 20 minutes.
- Store in the freezer or refrigerator!
Prepping for your wedding has never been easier with these top Austin health & fitness vendors – learn all about them here!